Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

There was a condo that was included and discharged in a Chapter

There was a condo that was included and discharged in a Chapter 7 back in 2008. Since then, I have paid the pmt on time every month. Now mainly because of the economy, I'm unable to maintain those payments. I contacted the lender WF to notify them and they threatened legal action againnst me? Is that possible?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The chapter 7 bankruptcy would have discharged your personal liability on the mortgage but not the lien on the property. This means if you do not make the mortgage payments the property may be foreclosed. However if the property were to be foreclosed, the lender could sell the property to satisfy the debt but could not obtain a judgment against you for the unsatisfied portion of the debt.

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.