dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

My husband is considering filing bankruptcy. Although my adult

My husband is considering filing bankruptcy. Although my adult son files separately, his vehicle, titled to him, is still listed on our auto insurance policy. Would the vehicle be in jeopardy of being included in bankruptcy proceedings even though he pays his portion of insurance? My younger son, who is under 18 was gifted a 1984 vehicle by his uncle, which was titled in both his and my husband's name. Same question. Could we potentially lose our son's vehicles to bankruptcy proceedings?
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Your adult son's vehicle is his and does need to be listed in the BK. The insurance does not create any issues. SS to the other vehicle,i unless it is a classic, it's value is nominal and also creates no issues. So the vehicles are safe and will not be lost. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks benber150. Could you clarify on SS?...to the other vehicle.
No issue regarding. The older vehicle unless it is a classic car with substantial value of more than $18000. Thanks for the accept. Best regards and I am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.