Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

7-21-11 I purchased two roundtrip airline tickets from vision

Customer Question

7-21-11 I purchased two roundtrip airline tickets from vision airlines; Fort Walton beach Fl to Las Vegas NV. 839.16$
8-5-11 the route was cancelled, Ive been trying to get a refund since then.
Recently I heard the airline filed for bankruptcy, How can I get my money back????
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

It depends on what type of bankruptcy case they filed.

Terry L. :

If you are owed money, you should get a proof of claim form. Then, you would be paid according to the type of creditor you are.

Terry L. :

If the airline filed chapter 7, you will only get a claim form if there are assets found in the case to liquidate for the benefit of creditors.

Terry L. :

If the company filed chapter 11, your claim will be paid according to your class type and based on the terms of the repayment plan.

Terry L. :

If they company has not filed yet, try to do what you can to get your money back. Also, try to contact your credit card company. perhaps they can step in to assist you, and even reverse the charges in some cases.

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good lukc

Terry L. :

luck

Terry L. :

please click accept so that I can get credit for answering. Thank you and good luck!