Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I need to request a continuance of an AP non-evidentiary hearing

Customer Question

I need to request a continuance of an AP non-evidentiary hearing regarding a motion to dismiss that I filed with the court. Is this the same as any other motion or are there special requirements and conditions that must be met and do I have to list the reasons for the request - it is for a medical situation with my wife and I really don't want to get into details in a public forum/record if I don't have to. The continuance has been agreed to by the Plaintiff (I am a pro se defendant in this matter). This is in Boston.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You would file the request as any other motion would be. You can indicate in the motion that parties are in agreement to do so.

Terry L. :

You should list the reasons for the request in the motion as well.

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good luck

Terry L. :

please click accept so that I can get credit for answering. Thank you and good luck!

Customer :

This reply has come too late as I had to get the answer somewhere else, but thank you for your efforts.

Terry L. :

Your question was asked on 11/3/11 at 2:58, the answer was submitted at 11/3/11 at 3:06pm. just 8 minutes later. That is prompt!