cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I was denied bankruptcy due to many mistakes on my petition,

I was denied bankruptcy due to many mistakes on my petition, How long before I can refile? I am in the state of Maine
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 4 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

1) What type of mistakes were in the petition?

2) Was your case filed and then dismisses, or was your paperwork not accepted for filing?

2) If your case was dismissed, before your case was dismissed, did you receive any orders from the court to do anything - such as provide missing forms?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did not list a piece of land I sold. The question was did I transfer Any property put of my name. To me that means I would still own it. So I said no. I did not list a debtor and they filed a motion to deny my bankruptcy based on too many mistakes. The judge agreed with me that I had no wrong intent. Just that the law states with too many mistakes I was denied

Given the information you provided, you can file another Bankruptcy right away. (If the reason for dismissal is failure to abide by a court order, you have to wait 180 days to file. Since failure to abide by a court order is not the reason for the dismissal, you can file right away.) Bankruptcy Star. 109(g).

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!