Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i am currently in chapter 13 bankruptcy with my house. I am

i am currently in chapter 13 bankruptcy with my house. I am a nurse and recently got offered travel nurse position with housing paid for in a relocated area. I have already signed 6 month lease for rental. How will this affect my chapter 13. I am current with all my payments on my house and to the trustee.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

Yes, you can move after your plan is confirmed without any trouble. However, you would need to file a notice of change of address with the bankruptcy court and do any other necessary paperwork the court or trustee requires.

Also, if you want to sell your home, you can do so. But, you would have to request the court's permission to do this, and the money from the sale would have to be turned over to the trustee.