Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

can someone have bankruptcy case pending and charge something

can someone have bankruptcy case pending and charge something more and include that in their bankrupcy
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

No - that is not possible.

When a bankruptcy case is filed, only the assets and debts of the person as of the date of filing are considered. Therefore any debts incurred after the filing are not discharged.

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
all law cases must have a starting date. can you start a bankrupcy and still make charges before case is filed in court and still add these bills to bankrupcy.
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome!

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to provide you with information..

This depends - Bankruptcy Code 523 provides that certain types of debts are not dischargeable. For example charges to a single creditor in excess of $500 within 90 days of bankruptcy would not be dischargeable

Here is the code section for your review:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/usc_sec_11_00000523----000-.html