WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

when filing bankruptcy 7 first part of year my income

when filing bankruptcy 7 first part of year my income was hire now over past few months it meets the median income requirement my question is how many months do you have show your income to meet the median requirement for filing
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 2 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

The means test is calculated comparing the debtor's average income for the past six months

WALLSTREETESQ :

You would have to provide the trustee with your pay stubs for the past six months to show your decrease in income,

WALLSTREETESQ :

It would be the average of the last six months,

Customer:

smeone told me 4 months for new hamsphire so i have to wait another 2 months. then???

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Bankruptcy means test is based on the last 6 months and is Federal law,

WALLSTREETESQ :

how large is your family household?

Customer:

my boyfriend lives with me and obviously he wouldn't be considered part of household but he wants to get married how would me doing this affect him he we got married, the last thing I want to do is take someone down with me????

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you get married, your household would be larger,

WALLSTREETESQ :

meaning the means test income level would be higher and you may qualify,

WALLSTREETESQ :

your personal filing of bankruptcy, would have no affect on him

Customer:

so they cant go after him for anything to do with me if we were married???

WALLSTREETESQ :

no,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Only debt that he is personally liable for,

WALLSTREETESQ :

is the debt he is liable for,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied please press the accept button so we can receive credit

WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience: 14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS