dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

Are bad checks forgiven under bankruptcy law

Are bad checks forgiven under bankruptcy law?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Bad checks are dischargeable debts providing that they have not turned into a criminal complaint. That is, if you wrote a bad check to a grocery store who turned you over to collection, the debt can be discharged. But if the grocery store turned it over to the police, it is now a criminal matter and that is not disch

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.