dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

In chapter 13 , can bankruptcy make me make payments on my

Customer Question

In chapter 13 , can bankruptcy make me make payments on my student loans
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Yes you can schedule student loans in a chapter 13 plan. Likewise, if all of the loan will not be paid off through the life of the plan, the plan is worded that says that you will pay so much a month for the student loan and the balance outside of the plan when the plan is completed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my student loan payments R 600 a month with my morgage and other creditors. I will be left with 200 every 2 weeks. I need to do something with the student loans Til I get out of bankrupcy. What can I do?
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Once you filed BK chapter 13, you will pay as much as you can that is provided for in your plan for the number of years of the plan. Likeweise, once the plan is approved, any collection actions against you are stopped. So file as you as you can.