dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

If I get married does median income for filing bankruptcy

If I get married does median income for filing bankruptcy 7, increase?? and is there a period of time you have to be married for, before you are entitled to the median income of one that is married???
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. the US trustee, whom evaluates your eligibility to file BK, looks at all of your income at the time the peititon is filed. And if you are married, that income counts. Likewise, even if you are filing the BK as an individual, you are still counted at least as a famliy of two. And there is no time table for how long you have to be married.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.