dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

i filed a chapter 7 in august 2010. As it progressed i thought

i filed a chapter 7 in august 2010. As it progressed i thought i could do a reorganization so converted to a 13 in January 2011. I cannot do it do to another loss of employmnet and the 13 was dismissed for not submitting a plan.

I want to re-file for chapter 7 - can i do this since I filed 7 over a year ago and converted it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Yes you can because you never received a discharge in a chapter 7. Therefore,unless your chapter 13 was dismissed with prejudice barring you from filing any type of BK for so many years, yiu can file again. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.