cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I went down to the court house yesterday to file my bankruptcy

I went down to the court house yesterday to file my bankruptcy paperwork, I am doing this on my own and I am now regretting it a lot. Today I looked at my credit report and I noticed I forgot to list 2 creditors on my schedule F how do I go about getting them added on? Also I just nownoticed on my means test I accidently messed up also and checked the wrong box and I also checked the box saying "The Presumption arises" when in fact it doesnt. How do I chnge these or am I in big trouble? Also the state is Ohio I need some help please
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
Hi JACustomer,
It is relatively easy to add creditors to a Bankrutpcy petition:
1) You have to file an "Amended Schedule F", which is the same as a regular "Schedule F" with the addition of the word "AMENDED" to the top of the page.
2) You have to file one copy with the clerk at the Bankruptcy court, and you have to send one copy to the US trustee, and one copy to the Bankruptcy trustee.
3) Send one copy of the "Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filing" to each creditor that was added. If you have not yet received this Notice, you have to wait a few days until you do receive it.
4) Some Bankruptcy courts also want an "Affidavit of Mailing" to attest to the fact that you mailed copies of the Notice to the creditors. You can call the clerk to find out if you need to submit this.
5) You also have to file an "Amended Summary of Schedules" - one copy to the clerk, and one copy each to the US trustee and the Bankrutpcy trustee.
To change the checked box on the Means Test:
1) File an "Amended Form 22a", which will be the same as the original one, with the addition of the word "AMENDED" to the top of the page.
2) File one copy with the clerk.
3) Send one copy to the US trustee and one copy to the Bankruptcy trustee.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So for the "Amended Summary of Schedules" I print off the B6 form and at teh top put in "AMENDED"?
Yes - each Amended form is the same as the original, with "AMENDED" added to the top.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok do you know if they charge $26 per each Amended form crrected or if its a set amount for each time I take in an amended form at different time? I know its $26 for an Amended but would that be for the 3 new Amendeds or will it be $78

The fee is $26 total for each time you file amended forms, it is not $26 for each form.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok now im being a pain in the butt.. But do I have to write Amended at the top of only the first pages or ALL of the pages?
You should write "AMENDED" on top of all the pages.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok one last question.... When I take my new Schedule F with new creditors do I take a new schedule F with all the creditors with the new ones added in or just a new sheet with the 2 I left out? Also the same with the matrix sheet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I lied one mire question... If I got a loan and use my car as colleteral would that b listed under Schedule F Credtors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority claims? Or would that stay off of there and just go on Scheduld D Creditors Holding Secured Claim?
If your car was collateral for the loan, the loan is Secured, and belongs on Schedule D only.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I take my new Schedule F with new creditors do I take a new schedule F with all the creditors with the new ones added in or just a new sheet with the 2 I left out? Also the same with the matrix sheet?

The Amended Schedule F will replace the original one. This means all of your unsecured creditors must be on the Amended Schedule F, not just the ones you are adding.

Hi again,
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
If not, please don't forget to hit the "ACCEPT" button.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok wel I have all my papers filed and I have a 341 meeting date. My question is this now.. What do I need to bring with me to the meeting and what should I be ready for? I am kind of scared for this meeting

You are now asking an entirely new question. You should hit the "ACCEPT" button for the answers I already gave you, and then you can start a new question.