Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

how can someone protect household property such as furniture

how can someone protect household property such as furniture and personal properties such as autos in state of florida from attachment in state of florida if a judgement is issued related to a second mortgage of a home in foreclosure
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. I am a Florida attorney. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

After a judgment is entered and prior to execution of the judgment on assets, you may claim certain personal property exempt. You may pickup the form of claimed exemptions at the clerk of the courts office in the county where you reside

If this does not completely answer your question please let me know by clicking reply.