WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

yesterday a sheriff came to our residence and stated that he

yesterday a sheriff came to our residence and stated that he was there to pick up our paid off truck due to old cc levy. We have already been planning to declare bankrupcy since my husband just got a job after two years of not working.
This is our only means of transportation and I cannot work due to medical issues. If we lose transportation, husband will lose job. If we can hide it until we put a down payment on bankrupcy on Friday, will that stop the levy?
Also ... I read some of the law and it states no third party can be affected by the levy. Can we trade truck in for a vehicle with a payment so that we can keep a means of transportation?
We have contacted CC company but they will not give us amount until we give $2000 and then will allow payments or until the truck has been picked up by sheriff.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

1. Only filing the bankruptcy would stop the collections of the car, the deposit will not help, only an official bankruptcy filing.

Customer:

Will we get in legal trouble if we use if for a trade in on another vehicle?

WALLSTREETESQ :

2. If you sell the car, and lease or finance a car where their is no equity, that would solve the problem in the short term,

WALLSTREETESQ :

You would only be in trouble, if you were served documents that stated you cannot transfer assets out of your name,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you are planning a bankruptcy anyway, that may be your best option.

Customer:

and they could not bring criminal charges ? Yes , we are planning bankruptcy asap but need transportation in mean time. We were given no legal papers, only asked to contact when they could pick up vehicle.

WALLSTREETESQ :

It is not criminal,

WALLSTREETESQ :

These are civil actions,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and you should contact them and state you are filing a bankruptcy,

Customer:

thank you sooo very much. It will keep us in a vehicle and husband needs it for work so much. Dealership will not get in trouble?

Customer:

or have trouble with title?

WALLSTREETESQ :

If possible I would sell the car, lease or finance another one, and file a bankruptcy with the money

Customer:

that is what I will do ... can't see attorney till Friday and you have helped so much

WALLSTREETESQ :

Their should be no issue with selling the vehicle,

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can even go to to bankruptcy court clerk, and file an emergency bankruptcy petition, for less than $300

WALLSTREETESQ :

and file the completed petition later,

WALLSTREETESQ :

you will need a pre filing certificate which can be done online,

Customer:

If I accept this ... will husband be able to see it in a few minutes? I want him to see chat.

WALLSTREETESQ :

with the certificate, and basic forms you can file a chapterXXXXX and stop all collections as well

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes,

Customer:

thank you so much ... you have been great help

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can ask for wallstreet esq., at any time and I will answer your questions,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Good luck,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied please press the accept button so we can receive credit