Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed for bankruptcy in Fla about 10 years ago due to divorce.

I filed for bankruptcy in Fla about 10 years ago due to divorce. I am now a resident in AR & suffered an injury several years back which had affected my ability to work temporarily. I have been enrolled as a full time student & wanted to file bankruptcy again for the medical bills, ect. that are still out. What is the time frame? Is it from the ACTUAL date I had previously filed or is it the final day in court where everything was done?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A person can file Chapter 7 again if it has been more than 8 years since he or she filed the previous Chapter 7 bankruptcy or 6 years since the filing of a Chapter 13.

A debtor can refile a Chapter 13 at anytime.

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.