Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I am a judgement debtor,I am married and all my possions that

I am a judgement debtor,I am married and all my possions that can be TITTLED are in my name and my wifes' Iam being sued personally For credit card debt accrued by a failed business which I signed personally for
my wife has no involvement,however we share ownership of all our assets, cars, home property etc.) can shared assets be seized. I am a michigan resident
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Tenancy by the Entireties is a legal doctrine holding that each spouse has an undividable right to use the whole property. Tenancy by the Entireties is recognized in Michigan. Property owned by married couples in Michigan as "tenants by the entireties" is exempt from liens or judgments against an individual spouse.

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.