Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I asked WEBLAW a bk question but I want the advice of several

Customer Question

I asked WEBLAW a bk question but I want the advice of several attorneys as well. We are filing a BK but do not know if a Ch 7 / Ch 13 or "20" 7then13 is best. We want the "20" so we can get rid of ALL debt, not reaffirm the mtg debts (but still make payments) and then file a 13 solely for a 2nd mtg lien removal (it is 100% underwater) We live in Florida. We are 100% current on payments. We qualify for both. We would like to look at the 13 (if part of a 20) as not having any repayments since there is no reaffirmed debt. I have seen cases that say this CAN be done and also those who say NO. I have seen where the lien can be stripped even if the 13 is not eligible for discharge. Advice? I will paste two links on this issue I found. -despite-judge-schermers-opinion-in-in-re-fisette/
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

The first link is not working (which might be the reason your question has been unanswered). Could you please re-send the link?

Thank you!