dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I have been disabled going on two years. I have exhausted all

I have been disabled going on two years. I have exhausted all my resourses, 401k, life insurance, savings etc. I don't home a home and basically the only asset I have left is a 2000 chevy pickup. Back in July is when I just quit paying my creditors because my health never improved and it looks like I am going to be collecting my social security disablity check from here on out. My Question is: Is it true that my check cannot be garnished being that it is a government check and is my only source of income?
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Yes that is basically correct that creditors, like credit card companies cannot attach govermental benefits. However, if you owe for things like child support or taxes, SSD benefits can be attached.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.