Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

An ECMC student loan claim was filed in my BK 13 case and allowed.

Customer Question

An ECMC student loan claim was filed in my BK 13 case and allowed. Do I need to refile schedules D,I ,J and creditor matrix to include payments on this debt outside of the not yet confirmed plan or can I just amend the 100 % plan showing that this creditor is to be taken care of outside the plan ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

You should amend your schedules and list the debt, if you wish not to pay them through your plan you do not need to amend the plan, but you need to list the student loan monthly payment on your monthly expenses, and your plan payments may be lowered.

If you plan to pay them outside, you can reaffirm the debts, in your statement on intention as well.