socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

we are being evective a month at yhe most we have not found

we are being evective a month at yhe most we have not found a house yet if i filed bankruptcy wood that give us more time
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
A Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing before the foreclosure sale or judgment of possession in an unlawful detainer/eviction action, will prevent you from being removed from the property for approximately an additional 30 days. Bankr. Code 362(a).

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!