cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I did bankrupcy in 2010 and it was final in Sept. I believe.

I did bankrupcy in 2010 and it was final in Sept. I believe. I live in IN. Can I add a morgage to it even though bankrupcy has already went through?

Hi JACustomer,
1) The mortgage was supposed to be included even if you were going to continue paying it. Is the mortgage no where in the Bankruptcy paperwork?

2) Did you have to surrender any assets to the Bankruptcy trustee when you filed?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1. It was included,but i decided to keep it and pay on it.

2.Yes, my honda civic that I filed bankrupcy on and I owed money on it. That was it.

Last question:

Did you re-affirm your mortgage in your Bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean re-affirm my morgage in bankrupcy? I just decided to keep it when the bankrupcy attorney asked me. My attorney said I should because I needed a place to live.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks,

wanda Allen

"Re-affirm" means you signed a special document - separate from the Bankruptcy petition - stating that your mortgage would not be discharged in the Bankruptcy. This is something that is rarely done.
If you did not re-affirm your mortgage, you do not have to add the mortgage to your Bankruptcy, as it was already discharged in your Bankruptcy, even though you continued to pay the mortgage.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!