Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

My Mom is 88 yrs old we went through a foreclosure and some

Customer Question

My Mom is 88 yrs old we went through a foreclosure and some credit card problems together. She is now starting to get summons to court she is in a memory care home. She has demensia and does not understand anything. Should I hire a lawyer and file bankruptcy with my Mom or not. I am not sure what to do.We are both on the home but not on the credit cards.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 5 years ago.
Good morning. What are your mother's assets?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have a manufactured home and 2 cars. That is it. No other properties or anything else.One car we have 2 more months to pay on the other car is paid for and the home is paid for.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My Mom and I have the manufactured home together and also one car, with my Moms name on it. That is all we have.