Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

please provide a complete list of all disclousures required

please provide a complete list of all disclousures required to present to a bankrupcy attorney to file personal bankrupcy..thank you
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: please provide a complete list of all disclousures required to present to a bankrupcy attorney to file personal bankrupcy..thank you

Response:

(a) Picture Identification Card and Social Security Card or other document containing your Social Security Number;

(b) Copies of Deeds, mortgages, and notes on your house or other real estate and copies of automobile certificates of title;

(c) Copy of your auto finance contract;

(d) Copy of your current mortgage and car bills; also obtain payoff statements for your mortgage and car loans. Please note that your payoff statements are not the same thing as your current bills. In most instances, the figures on your payoff statements will be higher than the figures on your current bills;

(e) Copy of Homestead Declaration;

(f) Any insurance policies;

(g) Any papers relating to past bankruptcies and Wage Earner Plans (Chapter 13);

(h) Copies of your tax returns for past four years and a copy of your latest pay stub including your spouse’s if you are married;

(i) Copies of your pay stubs for the last 60 days including your spouse’s if you are married (and you should keep all pay stubs/statements you receive while your bankruptcy case is pending);

(j) Copies of your pay stubs for the past six months including your spouse’s if you are married;

(k) Copies of your bank statements and statements from any other deposit accounts, such as a credit union or brokerage account, including IRA, 401(k)s, and other pension accounts for the past six months (and you should keep the first bank statement or any other deposit account statement you receive after you case is filed as we may need to provide it to the trustee). Provide copies of all cancelled checks for the past six months if they are not already included in your statements in electronic form;

(l) Copies of legal papers, lawsuits, eviction and foreclosure notices, divorce papers, separation agreements, alimony orders, and child support orders

(m) Any appraisals, broker opinions or tax assessment papers;

(n) Any other papers you have concerning any of your debts—recent bills from all creditors and collection agencies and attorneys for the past six months if available.

(o) Any lease or installment sale (``lease purchase'' or ``rent-to-own'') agreements for housing (apartment, house, mobile home) or other property (cars, televisions, etc.) that you have signed and that are still in effect or not fully paid;

(p) Printout of Kellybluebook trade-in value of your cars (http://www.kellybluebook.com);

(q) Current statement of any pension or retirement accounts;

(r) Current bank statements;

(s) Current social security or welfare pay stub/statement;

(t) Copies of pension, social security or welfare pay stubs/statements for the last 60 days;

(u) Copies of your pension, social security or welfare pay stubs/statements for the past six months;

(v) Copies of your pension, social security or welfare income statements for the past two years;

(w) Copies of your year to date pension, social security or welfare income statements.

(x) Copies of recent credit reports from the three main credit reporting bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and Transunion at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

You are entitled to a free credit report from each of the three credit reporting bureaus every twelve months. You are also entitled to a free credit report even if it has not been twelve months since your last request if you have been denied credit. You absolutely do not need a credit card in order to get your free annual credit report from Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. Make sure that you follow the instructions on the screen very carefully and do not check that you want your credit score. Follow these steps to obtain your free credit reports:

1) Click on https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp;

2) Do not click on Experian, TransUnion or Equifax from the sponsored link on the bottom of the page;

3) Select your state (Massachusetts);

4) Then click on “Request Report;”

5) Another screen will come up asking for your personal information;

6) Follow the rest of the instructions on the screen;

7) After you have successfully requested your Experian credit report; go back and repeat steps (1) through (4) to request your Equifax and TransUnion credit reports.

OR

You can request the three credit reports by phone by calling 1-877-322-8228.

(y) Copies of evidence of your monthly expenses such as your current gas bill, electric bill, water and sewer, telephone, cable, Internet, auto repairs, insurance, taxes, day care payments, gas and oil charges, cancelled rent check/money order, mortgage bill, car bill, etc. Provide any documentation that you have in your possession.

(z) All Other Documentation:

(1) Any documents showing that someone else regularly contributes to your monthly household expenses;

(2) Copies of all HUD Settlement Statement on any real estate sold/ transferred within the past four years; (3) Copies of all papers relating to any business you might have interest in and your percentage interest in the business such as Articles of Organizations, Annual Report, business tax returns, et

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.