socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

How can I reopen or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy And what is the

How can I reopen or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy? And what is the amount of time after dismissal ( I did not go to court per group that was trying to help me keep my home) of the Chapter 13?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
Per FRBP 9024, a motion to "reopen" a dismissed bankruptcy case is actually a motion to "set aside," and must follow FRCP 60. You will need a clear justification for why you should be permitted to return to the previously dismissed case. The trustee may object, claiming that you have acted in bad faith by filing two Chapter 13 cases already.

I don't really have any ideas of what you could claim as a rationale to set aside the dismissal order. But, that's the process that must be followed.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!