How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lets say I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy today. I receive

Resolved Question:

Let's say I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy today. I receive a check for the consulting hours that I billed a company back in June-- and it's been 5 days since I filed. How do I treat this income? Do I need to disclose before I filed via Accounts Receivable? Or, do I declare after I file... and do an amendment? Thanks.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
Hi JACustomer,
You are supposed to include the money owed to you on line 16 (Accounts Receivable) of Schedule B (Personal Property) when you file.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!
cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions