How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 12032
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in the process of suing my a former friend for money

Resolved Question:

I was in the process of suing my a former friend for money he owed me. (Actually, he ran up my charge cards during the last few months of our relationship, (signed my name-fraud) I attended a 341 creditor meeting to have my claim not discharged. I believe I need to fill out form B104 (Adversary proceeding) . Are there any other forms I need to include? Can I send any of the documents I prepared for civil court? Thank you so very much, Mary
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Please note that for legal reasons my answers are only intended to be general/educational information rather than specific legal advice. If you need specific legal advice, then you must consult with a local attorney in your jurisdiction.

Form B104 must be filed, but it is only the coversheet. You must include a complaint (for which there is no form). If you use Google, you can find examples or instructions for drafting an adversary proceeding complaint, however. HERE is one such example. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the complaint is where you provide the details of your allegations. Once you file the complaint and coversheet, pay the filing fee, then you'll be mailed a summons which you must then serve on the defendant/debtor.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!
TJ, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you