cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I currently have an apartment rental agreement in which I am

I currently have an apartment rental agreement in which I am current on rent and plan on continuing the agreement after bankruptcy. When I add this agreemnt to the Individual Debtor's Statement of Intention, do I check "Yes" for "lease will be assumed pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 365(p)(2)?"
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
Hi JACustomer,
The lease for your apartment does not go on the Statement of Intention. Part 2 of the Statement of Intention is for leases for personal property (such as automobiles) only - not for real property (such as apartments).
Your residential lease goes on Schedule G ("Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases").

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!
Hi JACustomer,

Thank you!