Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.
1) How much money is owed to you?
2) Did this company file a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
3) Was this debt based on a false representation or because of a fraud?
4) In what state was the Bankruptcy filed?
5) Were you listed as a creditor in the Bankruptcy petition?
6) Did you receive the "Notice of Bankruptcy Filing"? If yes, were you told to file a "Proof of Claim", or were you told to wait to file a "Proof of Claim"?
You may be able to get something back.
Do you know where the Bankruptcy was filed?
The Bankruptcy would have been filed in San Francisco. Are you near San Francisco?
You may have to hire an attorney to check on the case for you.
How much does this company owe you?
I don't think it will be worth it for you to hire an attorney for $2,500.
If you don't know where or if a Bankruptcy was filed, and if you were not listed as a creditor in the Bankruptcy, unfortunately, you will not be able to get back anything that was owed to you.