cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

Is there any way I can get what they owe me after they go into

Customer Question

Is there any way I can get what they owe me after they go into Bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. I assume it is in regards XXXXX XXXXX previous question of Signet Financial Group Vacaville.

However, I am going to refer this question to a Bankruptcy Expert. As I understand they owe you money, but you seek the way in how to actually collect while they are in or have filed for bankruptcy. This question will be better handled by an Expert specifically versed in Bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in SC,what state do I contact? SC or Calif.?????
Expert:  cfortunato replied 3 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

1) How much money is owed to you?

2) Did this company file a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

3) Was this debt based on a false representation or because of a fraud?

4) In what state was the Bankruptcy filed?

5) Were you listed as a creditor in the Bankruptcy petition?

6) Did you receive the "Notice of Bankruptcy Filing"? If yes, were you told to file a "Proof of Claim", or were you told to wait to file a "Proof of Claim"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

$2500.00
Don"t know,one of your people told me me they went bell up' all I have is a Phone # XXXXX one aswers.
They owed me the money because I had a contact with them over a extender warr. I didn"t use & they were to pay me after so many years.The time was up oct 2010.If you go to there site you will see all the others!!!!
Calif.....Signet Financial Group PO Box 6839 Vacaville Ca. my # XXXXX them is SSR0053729 there P #8774744638
5&6 NO NO & NO I have not received any corrsponace!

You may be able to get something back.

Do you know where the Bankruptcy was filed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don" know how to find out anything or where to start,that is Y i am talking to you Please give me advise how to start finding out .

The Bankruptcy would have been filed in San Francisco. Are you near San Francisco?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in Beaufort SC

You may have to hire an attorney to check on the case for you.

How much does this company owe you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They owe me 2500.00

I don't think it will be worth it for you to hire an attorney for $2,500.

If you don't know where or if a Bankruptcy was filed, and if you were not listed as a creditor in the Bankruptcy, unfortunately, you will not be able to get back anything that was owed to you.