Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I live in Florida and am considering filing for bankrupcy.

I live in Florida and am considering filing for bankrupcy. I had a credit card that was not mine, (my girlfriend's account) but I was an authorized user and it showed up on my credit report. The account had a zero balance and she closed it 2 months ago. It now shows up as closed account with a zero balance.

If I file for BK am I obligated to include this account? My main concern is NOT to have her credit affected.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

If you are only an authorized user, you are not the owner of the account, nor are you responsible for the balance of the account. Since this is not your account/debt, you should not have to list this account.