Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

concerning filing for bankruptsy, Credit card default in the

concerning filing for bankruptsy, Credit card default in the amount roughly of 15,000
I am 81 yrs. on ss 1,14.00 part time job 230.00 every 2 weeks good chance I will lose job in Dec. of this year. How expensive is bankruptsy, do I need money down before lawyer will start. Think this is only way to go
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You sound like you could be a good candidate for chapter 7. CH7 discharges all of the consumer debts, credit cards, medical bills, old utilities, unsecured loans etc. Fees range from 350 and up based on the complexity of the case and where you live and the attorney you hire. Filing fee is $299.

Terry L. :

Most attorneys offer free consultations and flexible payment plans.

Terry L. :

Your first step is to review your case with a bankruptcy attorney to show you all the options, the timelines, they will also review your assets and available asset protection Michigan allows with their state exemptions too.

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your question, good luck.

Customer:

no questions you answered it. I have names of 2 lawyers

Customer:

thank you