Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Schedule F. What is the correct way to list a creditor and

Schedule F.
What is the correct way to list a creditor and collection agency for the creditor?

Is there a sample document somewhere showing an example of this?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: Schedule F.

Response: You list the creditor, the account number, the amount of debt, and the address of the creditor. In the comment section you would list the approximate date the debt was incurred, and the purpose of the debt.

Then you separately list the collection agency as another creditor, but this time you would be listing the reference number or account number with the collection agency, the amount of debt is zero because you do not list the amount of debt twice to prevent double counting of your debts, and the address of the collection agency. On the comment section, you would indicate that that this a collection agency for so and so, and the account number of the creditor.

You always want to list the creditor and the collector both on the Schedule to ensure that notices do go out to both of them and to prevent the collection agency from contacting you after the bankruptcy is filed with the excuse that they did not receive the notice.

This is how I list the creditors and collectors on my bankruptcy cases. I do not have a sample to give to you because the information on the Schedule is privileged information of my clients.