socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

Thank you for your previous answer. If I do not redeem the

Thank you for your previous answer. If I do not redeem the property included in my 11/17/08 bankruptcy, it will revert to the HOA in 90 days. My question is about the lender. Even tho the loan was included in the BK, they keep requesting the default amount (now $292K). My BF attorney told me at the time of the BK that it was illegal for the lender to contact me. I am concerned whether thre lender can put a lien on the property if I redeem it.

I understand they cannot but since they keep contacting me I am concerned that I would have defend myself in order to get a lien off. This info would be important and effect my decision whether to redeem the property. Please advise.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
The lender can foreclose the property if the original note is not being paid as agreed. The lender can foreclose against you, or it can foreclose against the HOA, or it can foreclose against any person who happens to have an interest in the property recorded after the date of recording of the lender's deed of trust.

Your bankruptcy has not changed the lender's right to foreclose, if the original note is not paid as originally agreed. Apparently it is not being paid as agreed, so you are at risk, regardless of whether or not you redeem the property from the HOA.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!