Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I am am currently in chapter bankruptcy. My mortgage and home

I am am currently in chapter bankruptcy. My mortgage and home equity line of credit is not part of the Chap 13, I pay these directlyto Chase bank. My wife was not included in the 13. However my wife got a copy of her credit fro all 3 agencies and found that here credit rating was in the 600 range. My wife always had very high rating, over 800. I do my bill paying on line and found out that both my mortgae and HE were being applied only to the Home Equity, while both account numbers were different, all payments to the home equity account. Now I am $8000 behind in my mortgage payments. My wife is co-oner on our house, so I reslize the low credit scorewhy her credit score . My question to you what would be the best way to settle this mess. I did receive statments showing my payments but failed to realize that the all of my monthly payments was under POST- PAYMENT DUE adding up to The 8,000 figure. I allways checked to see if the payments were correct but honestly never noticed thhe title over the heading. I know that this mney must be paid. My question to you how can I best repay this amount. I don't have thr resources to pay in full. Should I try to refinance this amount by including it to my existing mort.
Open up a special loan, or have them put a lien against the property, my current mortage is only about $50,000 and the hose is appraised for $110,000
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to borrow money to reinstate the loan while in a chapter 13 bankruptcy. You may consider filing a plan modification in your chapter 13 to include the mortgage and pay the arrearage over the life of the plan