Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I went through a personal bankruptcy nearly 1 1/2 years ago.

I went through a personal bankruptcy nearly 1 1/2 years ago. Discharge date was 3/26/2010. I had several loans that were business loans, personally guaranteed that were part of the discharge. I have been trying to make sure my credit report is handled properly and when I reviewed this today there are still accounts that are considered "open" and continued to show as late instead of closed and paid or Discharged. How do I get these accounts closed so that I can start repairing credit
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You will want to write a letter to the credit reporting agencies and inform them that the debts were discharged in bankruptcy. You will want to include a copy of your discharge
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That simple?

Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is that simple
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Finally, there are a couple of accounts that I don't know who they are so I can't dispute why they are even on the report. How do I find out when they just have initials listed like the following: WF/WB
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
If the accounts were opened prior to the discharge, the discharge would include those debts.

If the accounts were opened after the discharge, dispute the debt as not being your debt