Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have moved from Phoenix to Tampa for a better position. I

I have moved from Phoenix to Tampa for a better position. I filed for bankruptcy before I left. Now, My lawyer is telling me I must appear for the trustee hearing this Thursday.
She is telling me a telephone appearance will not be allowed.
Do I have any options?

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: I have moved from Phoenix to Tampa for a better position. I filed for bankruptcy before I left. Now, My lawyer is telling me I must appear for the trustee hearing this Thursday.
Do I have any options?

Response: Your attorney should have requested for a telephonic hearing before hand to see if the Court would approve it. Telephonic hearings can be used in Section 341 meetings. Since she did not make the request, you do not have any option other than to show up for the hearing in person. If you fail to show up, the Trustee my continue your case to another date or file a Motion with the Court for your case to be dismissed.