Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

If our mortgage loan was discharged in chapter 7 over 2 years

If our mortgage loan was discharged in chapter 7 over 2 years ago, but the home has not gone through foreclosure yet, will the foreclosure-once the auction sale takes place- effect our credit report again just like the bankruptcy-like a "double whammy" or will the foreclosure not effect the credit score because the debt was already aresed/discharged?
We have been getting conflicting information about this.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The foreclosure may not legally affect your credit. Your personal liability on the debt has already been discharged by the chapter 7 bankruptcy. Therefore the foreclosure should not be reflected on your report