WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

got behind on mortgage , asked the mortgage company to move

Customer Question

got behind on mortgage , asked the mortgage company to move the 2 payment s into the future, they will not , they want make up payments for the next 6 months, which will be difficult if not impossibe, would like to keep the home , unable to have forclosues or bankrupty due to gov employ, any ideas
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

You do not want to file a bankruptcy such as a chapter 13?

Customer:

if i do i could lose my security clearance

WALLSTREETESQ :

In most Federal Jobs which require security clearance a Chapter 13 filing would not adversly affect you as it is a payment plan bankruptcy, a chapter 7 may hurt you

WALLSTREETESQ :

But if you do not want to file a chapter 13, and the bank will not negotiate with you, your options are limited to applying for a home modification, or having an attorney try to settle the matter with the bank

WALLSTREETESQ :

Be aware if you consider a chapter 13, it will force the bank to allow you to roll over the mortgage arrears over a 60 month payment plan, and it would reduce your unsecured debts significantly, and if you have a second loan it could lien strip it and you would not have to pay the secons in some circumstances.

Customer:

i applyed for a modifacation, said i did not qualify for a gov modifacation, did not qualify for other inhouse modications, and they would not consider child care , credit cards etc., what entiles a 13 , should i check into this with the security office where i work, i believe they will work with me

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes you have no other good options, also look at the link above it is an official statement in regards XXXXX XXXXX clearances and chapter 13 bankruptcys,

WALLSTREETESQ :

I am sure your security clearance would not be affected by the chapter 13 filing.

Customer:

thank for you r help , if i have questions i hope you would be availible

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can ask for wallstreet esq., and I will answer your questions,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can receive credit

WALLSTREETESQ :

good luck

Customer:

one othe r , can you suggest anyone in the north metro detriot area who can do a chapter 13

WALLSTREETESQ :

The bar association is the best place to go for a chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney

WALLSTREETESQ :

http://www.detroitlawyer.org/home.jsp

WALLSTREETESQ :

I would also look at craigslist under michigan legal services many attorneys advertise low rates their.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Look at the above link for MI attorneys