Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

Bankruptcy - If you would like to Dismiss a voluntary Chapt

Bankruptcy - If you would like to Dismiss a voluntary Chapt 13 proceeding but have rec'd Objections from Trustee on Plan before that - does it matter.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A debtor has an absolute right to dismiss a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Therefore you may dismiss your chapter 13
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you - After further review I will not have enough disposable income to start and continue my Plan if accepted. However before I was able to file the Motion I rec'd Trustees Objection to the Plan. Just wanted to make sure I could still file my Motion without penalty.
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Yes you have the one time absolute right to dismiss the Chapter 13 or to convert to a chapter 7.