Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed a schedule C (Mass court) which was not complete now

I filed a schedule C (Mass court) which was not complete now I need to write a motion to accept the revised schedule c how do I write it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome!

I am an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience and am working diligently on your answer while I await your response.

Please tell me:
Are you referring to an amended bankruptcy schedule c?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I went to the trustee meeting and in the filing I was supposed to fill in the schedule C Property claimed as exempt (Form B6c) and now the clerk is requesting that I file a motion so the court accepts the amended schedule c. How do I write a motion for them to accept the amended schedule c?
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A voluntary petition or schedule may be amended at any time before the case is closed. There is a filing fee for amendments -- you will need to check with the clerk of the court for the amount. You will be required to serve a copy of the amendments and all creditors and the trustee and file proof of service with the bankruptcy court.

A motion is not required unless the case has been closed.If the case is closed, you will need to file a motion to reopen the case and pay the applicable filing fee