Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I emailed my lawyer the letter I want him to pass on to the

I emailed my lawyer the letter I want him to pass on to the court which listed the reason why we want the chapter 7 to be dismissed by the court, and here is his respond:
This will all be included in the information that will be filed with the court by the August 2nd deadline. The extension of the dealing to dismiss to July 2nd is different. That deadline is one for filing motions to dismiss the bankruptcy case in totality and is not related to the payment of specific claims. At this time, we don’t have anything to file by July 2nd. Our deadline is still August 2nd.

why is that, do we not have a right to motion the dismissal of the bankrupcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome Back

Yes you can petition to dismiss the bankruptcy. However typically it is best not to dismiss the bankruptcy but rather only to object to the discharge of your specific claim. The reason for this is that after the other debts are discharged in the bankruptcy, the debtor than is in a better position to pay you for monies that are owed that were not discharged. If the entire bankruptcy is dismissed, all of the creditors will be competing for available funds.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I am lost, sorry are u saying the petition to dismiss the bankrupcy meaning I no longer want the couple that file the bankrupcy to pay me?
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
No. You want to have your debt determined to be nondischargeable -- this means that even though the debtor filed bankruptcy he still has to pay you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ic for example if the couple that filed the bankrupcy secretly telling his employees to discharge it bc I will pay u later, which is continue lying or some?

otherwise why would anyone want to discharge the bankrupcy totally?

Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
yes -- it could be

I will be signing off for the night. As always it has been my pleasure to work with you

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers..

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by requesting me directly.