Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Bankruptcy Question We manufacture Appointment Books for

Bankruptcy Question:

We manufacture Appointment Books for the Beauty Profession and related companies.

I have a client who owes me $1600 and has an attorney that has not filed or given me notice of representation but says we will file soon.

Her client, is telling people/clients that our company no longer have Appt. Books to sell and we are out of stock.

She is diminishing our company and making derogatory comments.

We have had 2 of her previous clients calling and asking if we are still in business as Amy is saying we no longer have any Appointment Books to sell.

1. I called her attorney and advised her of her clients comments.
Am I supposed put her attorney on notice

2. How do I protect myself.

3. Amy is broke, out of money, but she is still selling some products to clients.

4. I don't know if she collects CA state Tax. Do I report her?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

1. Yes, you should inform her attorney that she is intentionally interfering with your business and defaming you, and that you will take legal steps to protect your business and sue her if necessary.

2. You should contact your clients by phone, email, etc. and let them know that you've heard these rumors and that you're still in business and are addressing the issues of this person's false statements and will pursue legal remedies.

3. You can still get a court order stopping her from defaming your business if she's broke.

4. You should not report her unless you're certain that she doesn't collect sales tax.