Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

If a former partner (my son) of an LLC business who was considered

If a former partner (my son) of an LLC business who was considered the primary AMEX business credit card holder, resigned from the company after the filing of a Business Chapter 7, would the Trustee be able to ask him to reimburse the bankruptcy estate for the $15K purchases that he made in the past year during his employement and ownership if they were directly tied to the daily operation of the business (baking and cooking supplies, cake ingredients, food, fuel used to make deliveries to customers, etc.)?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Welcome Back Art Carlo,

The bankruptcy court will investigate all transactions to determine whether the purchases were made in the ordinary course of business or were made for personal items for your son. Provided the purchases were in the ordinary course of business, the trustee would not be able to ask him to reimburse the bankruptcy estate.