Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2004.I find myself in trouble

Customer Question

I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2004.I find myself in trouble as I am on SS and have a part-time job that is very slow now. What is the best thing for me to do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Eight years after the discharge date of the first chapter 7, you can file another chapter 7. So this may mean you need to hang in there for a little while longer.

In the alternative, you can file a chapter 13 debt reorganization type BK right now. Whether you do this depends on the type of debts you have, your income level, and other factors.

The third option is not pay the debts at all and try to live just on exempt assets and avoid depositing any money in bank accounts.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".