Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I was on banruptcy probation and failed to make payment and

Customer Question

I was on banruptcy probation and failed to make payment and my case was just dismissed a few weeks ago. I only had 750 more dollars left. Can I file a motion to reopen and I have the money for pay the remaining amount would that help. I live in Ohio
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

You can file a motion to reopen, however you will need a valid excuse and the exact amout owed to reopen your case.

In most cases if you file the motion soon, and you only had $750 left, the Court would reopen the case and allow you to complete the bankruptcy

I excuse is a simple oversite to make the payment.

We cannot recommend an attorney however, you need to contact the local bar association, in your case I would go directly to the bankruptcy court and try to file the motion yourself, they should have a court library where they have sample forms for a motion to reopen.

An attorneys fee will be more than the payment.