Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I have not lived in Indiana for 5 years. A credit Card company

Customer Question

I have not lived in Indiana for 5 years. A credit Card company filed a comlete againest me. My sister saw it in the news paper. In has a law that if you don't show up to court they put out a Binch warrant for you. I didn't know about this for allmost 2 years later. So how can resoulve this. I don't have money (Soc. Sec. only $ have to live with my daughter. Please Help
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

You need to either appear in Court to clear the warrant or contact an attorney to clear the warrant against you. In your situation it may be possible to contact the Court by phone and advise them you were never served by the credit card company and had no knoweldge of the lawsuit and do not live in the State, they may be able to allow you to appear by phone if you are disabled as well.