TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

My Chapter 13 Bankruptcy was dismissed in January 2011 (filed

My Chapter 13 Bankruptcy was dismissed in January 2011 (filed in December 2007). It was dismissed because my mortgage payments were behind. They are not current and the mortgage company filed a (motion to stay)? Can I refile?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, since you weren't discharged you can refile for bankruptcy again. However, if you weren't able to keep up with your mortgage, then it may not be possible to have a plan approved that includes you keeping the house.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our session). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!