Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

Exempt vs. non-exempt property under Chapter 11

Customer Question

Exempt vs. non-exempt property under Chapter 11?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

This is probably because Chapter 11 is mainly for business reorganization plans and thus personal exemptions do not really apply.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry but your answer is of no help whatsoever.

I already understand all to well that Chapter 11 is for business reorganization. I have heard that if we convert to Chap 7, at least we get to keep our cars and some personal belongings -- implying that under 11 if we can't succeed in restructuring, we do not!?

I believe this situation is too complicated for this forum. Nopt your fauly.