WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

After filing personal chapter 7 it sounds like its about 30-40

Customer Question

After filing personal chapter 7 it sounds like its about 30-40 days until the 341 meeting, after the meeting is there a few months before its finalized? if so why does it take so long?
Is there any more to the process I might want to know or is it basically just to file, wait, go to 341 and done?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 3 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Did you get your 341 date?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Within approximately 15 days after you file your case, the court will mail the Notice of Commencement of Case to you and to all of the creditors listed in your petition. This notice will inform you of the date set by the court for the meeting of your creditors, and the deadlines for your creditors to object to your case and file their claims against you.

Customer:

no haven't filed yet, I have just about everything ready, just had to sell non exempt assets and pay back taxes and normal expenses but I'm good to go now

WALLSTREETESQ :

The court will hold the Meeting of Your Creditors about six weeks after your bankruptcy case is filed. At least seven days before this meeting, you are required to provide to the trustee and any creditor requesting it a copy of your most recently filed tax return.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Your creditors have 60 days after the date first set for the Meeting of Your Creditors to object to the discharge of any of the debts listed in your petition and schedules.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Because of the time table for creditors to file a proof of claim, the case takes times, so expect 6 months for a final discharge after you file

Customer:

what if they do object and what could they object?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Your creditors may state you have committed fraud, or that they are exempt from discharge, very rare.

WALLSTREETESQ :

But the Trustee has to give them time

Customer:

I just like to understand everything I do and I tend to micro manage things :) I'll except after we finish this and then i want to go on to some other questions.... I like you, your very informative :)

WALLSTREETESQ :

ok

Customer:

ok, ya we haven't even used our cards in 2 years so shouldnt have any trouble

WALLSTREETESQ :

no, their wwould be no issue on the cards

WALLSTREETESQ :

creditors can object to the discharge of all your debts if you have engaged in any of the following conduct: concealment or destruction of property or financial records; false statements; withholding information; failing to explain losses; failure to respond to material questions; or a discharge in a prior case filed within the last 6 years.

Customer:

after excepting, how can I satay on the chat to move on to new questions and can I just except after each topic?

WALLSTREETESQ :

After you accept, just ask another question and request WALSSTREET ESQ.

WALLSTREETESQ :

WALLSTREET ESQ

Customer:

ok, I'll look for it after excepting this or I think I can just go to our previous question and send it to that, does that still give you the same credit. i want to be sure your taken care of

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can do that as well,

Customer:

ok

WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience: 14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I need to explain my situation or do you know who i am and the situation pretty well by now?
I remember your situation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can we do the chatr things again?
you would have to close this questions and ask a new one.
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you available?
yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, im going to ask for you in a new question so we ca chat