WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I FILED A CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY IN ILLINOIS AND WAS DISCHARGED

I FILED A CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY IN ILLINOIS AND WAS DISCHARGED 3/2/09,MY HOME WAS INCLUDED ON BANKRUPTCY WITH TAYLOR BEAN, SINCE TAYLOR BEAN & WHITAKER FILED BANKRUPTCY THEN OWCEN OWNS LOAN, THEY OFFERED ME A MAKING HOME AFFORDABLE PROGRAM ON HOME BUT NOW CHARGING ME ALMOST SAME I WAS PAYING BEFORE AND LOAN BALANCE IS HIGHER. HOWEVER ON ALL THREE CREDIT REPORTS IT SHOWS MY LOAN AS FILED UNDER BANKRUPTCY OWE ZERO, QUESTION IS CAN I WALK AWAY FROM THIS BAD DEAL WITH OCWEN SINCE I NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING REMOVING THIS LOAN FROM BANKRUPTCY? PLEASE ADVISE
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The original loan was listed in your bankruptcy and discharged?

WALLSTREETESQ :

The new lenders came after the discharge or during?

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you listed your original mortgage in your bankruptcy and it was discharged, your liability to the new lender is gone and they cannot sue you for a discharged balance.

Customer:

the new lender owcen came after the discharge only becasue taylor bena went bankrupt

Customer:

so if i walk away from Ocwen pretty good chance they can not come after me.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes, they cannot come after you, the loan they took over was discharged so they have no right to come after you.

Customer:

thank you for your assistance. have a great day

WALLSTREETESQ :

Even if they claim otherwise, you could just reopen your bankruptcy and add their names as a creditor, but I do not see that as needed.

Customer:

i do see taylor bean and ocwen both listed on my credit report and showing filed under bankruptcy with zero balance, so that is good news. thanks

WALLSTREETESQ :

Good luck, and their is no legal argument that they can make to make you liable.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes.

Customer:

thanks

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can receive credit.